How to Hard Reset (Factory Data Reset) your LG G3 smartphone? When you Hard Reset (Factory Data Reset) your LG G3, it will erase everything from your LG G3 smartphone: all your personal data, documents, info, accounts and stored passwords.
Note: When you Hard Reset (Factory Data Reset) your LG G3, it will erase everything from your LG G3 smartphone: all your personal data, documents, info, accounts and stored passwords.
When you perform Hard Reset, it will restore your LG G3 to its initial state (factory data settings). It will be just like a new brand new Android device, no personal data and accounts.
The hard reset can be performed in two ways: using the internal LG G3 settings and using hardware buttons combination.
How to Hard Reset LG G3
Using LG G3 Internal Settings
- Go to Menu options on LG G3.
- Select Settings > General.
- Go to Backup and Reset option and select Factory Data Reset.
- Tap on Reset Phone and also select Erase Everything.
- Agree to the alert message.
- It will initiate the hard reset process on LG G3.
Using LG G3 Hardware Buttons Combination
- Process 1
- Turn off your LG G3 phone
- Press power button and select “power off” (You can also press and hold power key for 5-6 seconds.)
- Then press and hold power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons immediately. (when the LG logo appears on your screen)
- Now quickly press and hold power and volume down keys until you see the hard reset menu option on your screen.
- The whole process needs to be very quick, else you won’t get it in the first time. If it happens so, try for two-three times. Remember, you just have to be very fast in releasing and pressing the hardware buttons.
- Process 2
- Turn off your LG G3.
- Now press Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- As soon as the LG logo is displayed on the screen, quickly press volume down and volume up buttons (both keys at once).
- Immediately release the keys once the hard reset menu appears on your LG G3 screen.
Images via YouTube