Is my WordPress website mobile-friendly? Google’s guide for making website mobile friendly. Check if your website is mobile-friendly. Customize your website software and implement mobile SEO best practices for more mobile-friendly search results.
Starting April 21, Google will be releasing and expanding Google’s Mobile Friendly Algorithm. It will be used as a ranking signal. This change will affect mobile searches in all languages worldwide.
Google’s idea is simple, users will find it easier to get relevant, high quality search results that are optimized for their devices.
Check If Your Website Is Mobile-Friendly
Don’t worry. Here;s how you can check if your website is a mobile-friendly site or not. Google says you can get ready for this change by using the following tools to see how Googlebot views your pages:
- To test a few pages, use the Mobile-Friendly Test.
- For a detailed analysis of a site, use Webmaster Tools account to get a full list of mobile usability issues across the site using the Mobile Usability Report.
If you don’t have a mobile device available, you can still test you website using these alternatives:
- If you are using Google Chrome, there is a “mobile device emulation” feature in Chrome Developer Tools. These tools are found under the Chrome menu View > Developer > Developer Tools.
- If the theme has a responsive design, a simple test is to narrow the desktop window to mobile device size.
As per Google, there are three easy way to get ready for the newly released Google-Mobile-Algorithm:
Take the Mobile-Friendly Test and fix potential issues with your site.
- Customize your website softwareUpdate a site that uses a CMS like WordPress or Joomla with our guide.
- Implement mobile SEO best practicesAvoid common mistakes and make sure your site is indexed by Google.
Besides the above mentioned steps, you must perform the following tasks to make you website mobile-friendly and rank higher in Google Search.
Update WordPress Theme and Plugins
It is also highly recommended to update your WordPress version and theme to the latest. Remember, the newer version of WordPress themes available are mobile-friendly. Also an update and latest version automatically applies needed security upgrades and makes the website mobile-friendly.
Check Blogs-Post URL With Mobile Friendly Test tool
You can also test your URL in the Mobile-Friendly Test tool.
Mobile Friendly and Responsive Design