GhostWriter distraction-free text editor for Linux Ubuntu. Install GhostWriter markdown text editor on Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 15.10 and Ubuntu 14.10 Systems. GhostWriter 1.3.2 has many powerful features such as syntax highlighting, full-screen mode, built-in spell check, live word count and live HTML preview.
- navigation of document headings
- focus mode that highlights the current sentence, line, three lines, or paragraph
- two built-in themes, one light and one dark
- theme creator for custom colors and background images
- supports custom CSS style sheets for HTML preview
- image URL insertion via dragging and dropping an image file into the editor
- sundown processor built in for preview and export to HTML
- integrates other Markdown processors (if installed) for preview and export to popular document formats, such as PDF, ODT, and RTF: Pandoc, MultiMarkdown, Discount, cmark
GhostWriter 1.3.2 is the latest version and can be installed on Ubuntu Systems, via PPA. Run the following commands to install Ghostwriter on Ubuntu:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wereturtle/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install ghostwriter
Once installed, open the Ghostwriter text editor from Ubuntu Dash or Menu.
If you wish to uninstall and remove Ghostwriter, run:
$ sudo apt-get remove ghostwriter