Download Skype for Linux Alpha 1.3. Skype for Linux Alpha 1.3 is released with small bug fixes. It is an alpha version of Skype based on WebRTC and inherits the same features of the Alpha version of the Skype for Linux client.
Just few days back, Microsoft’s Skype for Linux Alpha was released with a revamped device settings and a system tray icon. Users can now change their audio and video devices within the application itself. Using ORTC, Skype makes it possible to make free voice and video calls without needing to download an app or browser plug in.
Skype For Linux Alpha 1.3
The release announcement says: “Thanks to all of you who continue giving us valuable feedback. We listened to you and fixed some of the issues you reported. Here are some of the improvements you can find in Skype for Linux Alpha 1.3 that we are releasing today:”
- Instead of being hidden, the menu items are now disabled when you’re not signed in.
- Logout from the menu works consistently now.
- Fixed the post-install script on all supported distributions.
- Fixed the ‘minimize to tray’ function for Cinnamon.
- URL links that are sent in a chat now open with the browser.
- Fixed the Redo shortcut for Linux (CTRL-Y).