Chrome OS Theme For Linux Desktop. ChromeOSTheme for Linux Ubuntu is a theme to make Linux Ubuntu look like Chrome OS. It is the default GTK theme of Chromixium.
Installing ChromeOSTheme on Ubuntu
Ubuntu users can easily download and install the ChromeOSTheme via GIT or manually.
- Navigate to /usr/share/themes (cd /usr/share/themes)
- Run this command: sudo git clone https://github.com/crutchcorn/chromeostheme.git
- Well done! The source will be in `/usr/share/themes/chromeostheme/
To make things easier, I have compiled the set of commands. Simply run it in Terminal:
sudo git clone https://github.com/crutchcorn/chromeostheme
Please note that to install theme using GIT, you must have Git installed on your system. If not, run the following command to install Git:
sudo apt-get install git
- Navigate to /usr/share/themes/chromeostheme/ (cd /usr/share/themes/chromeostheme/)
- Run sudo git pull origin master
Install ChromeOSTheme Manually
Simply download the theme (link below) and extract it to ~/.themes directory.
If you aren’t sure how to use theme and icons on Ubuntu, follow the link given below