Corebird 1.4 Twitter Client for Linux Ubuntu is released. Install Corebird 1.4 on Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 16.04 Systems. Corebird 1.4 Twitter Client now allows deleting tweets from the tweet info page and not just from timelines. Also the images in quoted tweets now look more like they actually belong to the quoted tweet instead of the quoting tweet.
Corebird 1.4 Twitter Client Changes & Features
- Images in quoted tweets now look more like they actually belong to the quoted tweet instead of the quoting tweet.
- Allow deleting tweets from the tweet info page and not just from timelines.
- Fix the user completion not showing all possible results
- Focus the already opened window for an account if the account gets selected in the accounts popover
- Avoid window resizing when typing in the Direct Message text box
- Add ‘q’ accelerator to tweet rows for quoting
- Add spellchecking. This add a dependency to gspell
- Increase gtk+ dependency to 3.18 to get rid of some workarounds.
- Increase avatar size in profiles and slightly overlap them over the banner. Also, always show the full banner.
- Fix completion popup positioning under Wayland
- Add experimental meson build files
- Fix some videos not playing correctly
- Add a minimal video progress indicator to the video dialog
- Fix the retweet/favorite count updating in the tweet info page
Install Corebird 1.4 Twitter Client on Ubuntu
Open terminal and run the following commands to install Corebird 1.4 on Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10 Systems:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/corebird
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install corebird
Set Up Corebird on Ubuntu
Once installed, open Corebird from Ubuntu Dash. Type Corebird and click on it to open the Twitter Client.
For the first time users, you will be asked to authorise Corebird using your Twitter account. All you need is to authorize your Twitter account to use Corebird. Once done, you are ready to use Corebird.
Uninstall Corebird From Ubuntu
If you wish to remove and uninstall corebird, run the command given below:
$ sudo apt install ppa-purge
$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/corebird