Corebird GTK+3 Twitter Client for Linux Ubuntu released. Here’s how to install Corebird 1.5 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and others. Corebird GTK+3 Twitter Client brings various new updated and features. The media attached to tweets can be downloaded using Right Click and selecting “save as”. The Profiles use the profile background color set in the Twitter settings if no banner is set. And above all the tweet compose window now features a “favorite image” view that allows users to save often sent images and quickly add them to tweets.
Corebird 1.5 Changelog:
- Media attached to tweets can be downloaded using Right Click and selecting “save as”
- Profiles use the profile background color set in the Twitter settings if no banner is set
- The tweet compose window now features a “favorite image” view that allows users to save often sent images and quickly add them to tweets
- The media dialog now shows Previous/Next buttons to quickly switch between multiple media attachments of a tweet>
- The Vine support has been removed since the project is discontinued
- Allow text selection in Direct Messages
- New –account parameter allows opening the window for the given account only
- Support tweets with up to 50 replied-to users.
- Add back verified icons next to user avatars
- Redesigned account creation UI
- Tons of bug fixes
Install Corebird 1.5 Twitter Client on Ubuntu
Open terminal and run the following commands to install Corebird 1.5 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10 Systems:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/corebird
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install corebird
Set Up Corebird on Ubuntu
Once installed, open Corebird from Ubuntu Dash. Type Corebird and click on it to open the Twitter Client.
For the first time users, you will be asked to authorise Corebird using your Twitter account. All you need is to authorize your Twitter account to use Corebird. Once done, you are ready to use Corebird.
Uninstall Corebird From Ubuntu
If you wish to remove and uninstall corebird, run the command given below:
$ sudo apt install ppa-purge
$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/corebird