Install Visual Studio Code 1.14 on Linux Ubuntu Systems. Visual Studio Code is a code editor redefined and optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
VS Code is a new type of tool that combines the simplicity of a code editor with what developers need for their core edit-build-debug cycle. Code provides comprehensive editing and debugging support, an extensibility model, and lightweight integration with existing tools.
Visual Studio Code 1.14 brings Command Palette improvements, syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, debug code right from the editor and install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services.
Visual Studio Code 1.14
Some of the key highlights included in the Visual Studio Code 1.14, are:
- Integrated Terminal improvements – Find support, select/copy multiple pages.
- Command Palette MRU list – Quickly find and run your recently used commands.
- New Tasks menu – Top-level Tasks menu for running builds and configuring the task runner.
- Automatic indentation – Auto indent while typing, moving, and pasting source code.
- Emmet abbreviation enhancements – Add Emmet to any language. Multi-cursor support.
- New Diff review pane – Navigate Diff editor changes quickly with
F7, displayed in patch format.
- Angular debugging recipe – Debug your Angular client in VS Code.
- Better screen reader support – Aria properties to better present list and drop-down items.
- Preview: 64 bit Windows build – Try out the Windows 64 bit version (Insiders build).
- Preview: Multi-root workspaces – Open multiple projects in the same editor (Insiders build).
Here are some further updates:
- Workbench – Restore loose files, quickly switch running windows (instances).
- Debugging – Simplifications for Node.js debug configurations.
- Tasks – Auto-detect and customize npm scripts and TypeScript compiler to run in VS Code.
- Extension Authoring – SVG rendering constraints, custom views visibility, new Debug API.
Install Visual Studio Code 1.14