IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.6 released. Install JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA Java IDE on Ubuntu Linux Systems. It is a super tool that analyzes your code, looking for connections between symbols across all project files and languages. Using this information it provides indepth coding assistance, quick navigation, clever error analysis, and, of course, refactorings.
IntelliJ IDEA features:
- Smart completion – Ctrl+Shift+Space gives you a list of the most relevant symbols applicable in the current context. This and other completions are constantly learning from you, moving the members of the most frequently used classes and packages to the top of the suggestions list, so you can select them faster.
- Chain completion – Digs a tad deeper than Smart Completion and lists applicable symbols accessible via methods or getters in the current context. Say you’re looking for a value of Project and only have the Module module declaration. Press Ctrl+Shift+Space twice to get module.getProject() without any additional effort.
IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.6 has fixed various bug fixes such as:
- Revert commit: files to be deleted are not checked fro commit by default
- “Open Task” makes the whole IDE freeze when selecting a task too quickly
- Autoscroll from Editor does not work for DDL opened in console
- Confirm Exit, Do not ask me again – always appearing
- “Hide file extensions in editor tabs” removes all after dot
- Command line diff between directories: can’t show diff error for files
- Many more
Install IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.6
Install IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.6 in Ubuntu via ppa:ubuntuhandbook1 by using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install intellij-idea-community