OpenShot 2.4.1 released. Install OpenShot video editor on Linux Ubuntu. OpenShot 2.4.1 with an improved playback and image quality. OpenShot is a cross-platform video editor, with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
OpenShot 2.4.1 is the latest release of the OpenShot video editor. It brings the following changes and new features:
- Improved Image Quality – We have improved the image processing pipeline in OpenShot to create sharper images, by switching our image scaling algorithm, and most importantly, only scaling a frame once, as opposed to multiple times (which used to happen in certain scenarios).
- Improved Stability – Right after our previous release (in September 2017) we made some very large changes to libopenshot such as – audio files stopping early, sync/desync issues, videos stopping at 30 minutes (or at an earlier time), opening project files with non-English characters, and more.
Libopenshot (full list of changes)
- More critical sections trying to prevent race conditions on high CPU core systems
- Additional critical sections around adding frame images
- Codec lookup by name in FFmpegWriter, which should solve a few issues (such as xvid support).
- Fixing regression with rotation origin. Things should always rotate around the center of an object (until I add in keyframable anchor points)
- Setting timebase on video stream in FFmpegWriter… a bit experimental
- Improving playback smoothness on high framerate videos, especially when the video frames need to jump forward to keep up with the audio.
- Removing throw statements from header files
- Reducing # of scale operations to 1 per layer on the timeline
- Fixing 16 thread limit on FFmpegReader
- Fixing a cast from long to int64_t
- Updating all “long int” frame number types to int64_t, so all 3 OSes will produce the same depth and precision on frame numbers. This is a big one!
- Removing variable bitrate support (for now), since it causes more problems than it solves.
Openshot-qt (full list of changes)
- Fixing small regression with translation website URLs when using default/en_US
- Fixing small bug in Export dialog where profile and quality get blown away when changing format
- Ignoring history update messages, since libopenshot doesn’t care about them
- Simplifying export progress, reducing # of signals being emitted
- Integrating current language into website URLs and simplifying a few translations (removing HTML tags)
- Removing unneeded UTF8 encode method, which caused certain project paths to fail when loading (solves crash on Windows trying to open non-English project file paths)
- Adding keyboard shortcuts for toggling ‘Transform’ and ‘Insert Keyframe’. This improves the animation work-flow, and no longer requires a bunch of mouse clicks / context menus for animations.
- Preventing overwriting an input file with the export dialog, and updating export progress on export window title
- Updating translations and contributor credits
Install OpenShot 2.4.1 on Ubuntu
Run the following commands in terminal to install OpenShot 2.4.1 on Ubuntu:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install openshot-qt