Install Virtualbox on Ubuntu Linux. Virtualbox 5.2.6 is a maintenance release which improves stability and fixes regressions. Here’s how to install virtualbox 5.2.6 in Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and other Ubuntu Derivatives. VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use.
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- GUI: fixed occasional screen corruption when host screen resolutio n is changed
- User interface: increase proposed disk size when creating new VMs for Windows 7 and newer
- User interface: various improvements for high resolution screens
- VMM: Fixed problems using 256MB VRAM in raw-mode VMs
- Audio: implemented support for audio playback and recording for macOS guests
- Audio: further timing improvements for Windows 10 guests
- Linux hosts: fixed problem accessing mini-toolbar under XFCE
Install Virtualbox 5.2.6
Run the following commands in terminal to install Virtualbox 5.2.6 in Ubuntu Linux:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian
xenial contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-5.2
Please note that in the line “sudo sh -c ‘echo “deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian xenial contrib” >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'” you will have to replace the version name depending on your Ubuntu version. For example, replace xenial (Ubuntu 16.04) with trusty (14.04) and so on.