How to Print on Both Sides of Paper (Duplex Printing) in MS Word 2007
Before reading this blog post, please make sure that your printer supports duplex printing option. Automatic printers offer auto-duplex printing option to automatically print on both the sides of a paper whereas, other printers provide manual duplex printing to manually reinsert pages to print on the second side of the paper.
Set up a Duplex Printing (manual) printer to print to both sides of a sheet of paper
If your printer doesn’t support automatic duplex printing, you can use manual duplex printing to print on both the sides of the page. Let’s see how to print using manual duplex.
- Before you move any further, you must activate manual duplex printing by selecting the manual duplex check box in the Print dialog box for your printer settings.
- After activating the option, MS Word will print the page of the first side and then prompt to turn the page over and insert the page into the printer again for next side printing.
You can also select print options to print odd and even pages together for manual duplex printing.
- To enable odd and even page printing, click the Office Button image and select Print.
- In the lower-left corner of the Print dialog box select Odd pages and click OK.
- Once all the odd pages are printed, flip all the pages over so that you can print on the even/other side of the page.
- Go to print options and select Even pages to print and click OK.