Install Sunflower file manager on Ubuntu 16.04 Linux Systems. Sunflower is a highly customizable twin-panel file manager for Linux Ubuntu Systems. It is intended to be an easy-to-use and powerful file manager that seamlessly integrates into the GNOME desktop environment.
- Customizable – Feature-packed configuration to help make the program your own.
- Tabbed interface – More flexibility in your daily operations through easy to use interface.
- Sessions – Set of tabs for every occasion.
- Emblems – Visually mark your files and directories for quick reference.
- Built-in terminal – Quick access to command line interface through terminal tabs, VTE or external.
- Multithreading – Better multitasking with full multithreading support.
- Python and GTK+ – Easily extensible with Python and GTK+.
- Keyboard oriented – Fully optimized for keyboard users.
Install Sunflower File Manager
Sunflower file manager can be easily installed on Ubuntu Linux Systems. Run the following commands in Terminal to install Sunflower file manager on Ubuntu, via PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/sunflower
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sunflower python-vte
Once installed, open the Sunflower file manager from Ubuntu Dash or Terminal.
Uninstall Sunflower File Manager
If you aren’t happy with the Sunflower file manager and wish to uninstall it, run the command given below:
sudo apt-get remove sunflower python-vte