Want to know how to search a file in Ubuntu? Install FSearch utility on Ubuntu. on Ubuntu, Fsearch can find file recursive or find a directory also. It is similar to locate command in Ubuntu. FSearch is a fast file search utility for GNU/Linux operating systems, inspired by Everything Search Engine. It’s written in C and based on GTK+3.
- Instant (as you type) results
- RegEx support
- Filter support (only search for files, folders or everything)
- Fast sort by filename, path, size or modification time
- Customizable interface
- GTK+ 3.12 or newer
- PCRE (libpcre)
Download & Install FSearch On Ubuntu
Visit the link given here to download and then install the FSearch tool n Ubuntu Systems.
- Official Website https://cboxdoerfer.github.io/fsearch/
- Deb File https://github.com/cboxdoerfer/fsearch/releases/download/0.1beta1/fsearch_0.1beta1-1_amd64.deb
NOTE: If you installed the previous alpha deb package you should remove that first before installing the new beta. “sudo apt-get remove fsearch-dev” (without quotes). Also note that the application is in an early development stage and still considered alpha.
Credit: OMG Ubuntu | FSearch