Xtreme Download Manager (XDM) for Linux Ubuntu. Install Xtreme Download Manager in Ubuntu Linux Systems, via PPA. Xtreme Download Manager is a powerful tool to increase download speed up-to 500%, save streaming videos from YouTube, Metacafe, DailyMotion, Google Video or any other website, resume broken/dead downloads and schedule downloads.
Xtreme Download Manager (XDM) Features
- Download any streaming video – XDM can download FLV videos from popular sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, and Google Video. After installing XDM, “Download This Video” button pops up whenever you are watching a video anywhere in the Internet. Just click on the button to start downloading clips.
- Download 5 time faster – XDM can accelerate downloads by up to 5 times due to its intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology.
- Works with all browsers – XDM supports all popular browsers including IE, Chrome, AOL, MSN, Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox, Avant Browser, and many others on Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Download Resume – XDM will resume unfinished download from the place where they left off.
- Smart Scheduler, Speed limiter and queued downloads.
- Support for proxy server, authentication and other advanced features.
Install Xtreme Download Manager
Xtreme Download Manager On 32 Bit Systems
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Xtreme Download Manager on 32 Bit Linux Systems:
$ wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/files/xdm-setup-x86.tar.xz/download
$ tar -xvf xdm-setup-x86.tar.xz
$ cd xdm
$ ls -l
Xtreme Download Manager On 64 Bit Systems
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Xtreme Download Manager on 64 Bit Linux Systems:
$ wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/files/xdm-setup-x64.tar.xz/download
$ tar -xvf xdm-setup-x64.tar.xz
$ cd xdm
$ ls -l
Once installed, open the Xtreme Download Manager from Ubuntu Dash.
Once installed, open the XDM download manager from Ubuntu Dash or Terminal. You can also create a shortcut. To do so, click on xdm file to launch it and create application shortcut from XDM Menu -> File -> Create application shortcut.