Liferea Feed Reader 1.12.0 released. Install Liferea Linux feed reader and news aggregator on Ubuntu Linux Systems. Liferea Ubuntu desktop feed reader/news aggregator that brings together all of the content from your favorite subscriptions into a simple interface that makes it easy to organize and browse feeds. Its GUI is similar to a desktop mail/newsclient, with an embedded graphical browser.
- Read articles when offline.
- Synchronizes with
- InoReader (git master)
- Reedah (git master)
- TheOldReader (since 1.10)
- TinyTinyRSS (since 1.8)
- Permanently save headlines in news bins.
- Match items using search folders.
- Play Podcasts in Liferea
Liferea Feed Reader 1.12.0
Changes and fixes in this release:
- Wide view is now default view
- HTML view now has a ‘View Image’ context menu
- Redesign of the wide view: large icons with teaser text for better using 16:9 screen ratios and making Liferea usable on touchscreen
- Optional AMP / HTML5 rich content fetching feature
- Upgrade to WebKit2: This is an important security improvement!
- Added a “Do Not Track” preference (disabled per-default)
- Reordered columns in ‘Normal’ email-like view to have the date column always at the end
- Plugins switched to Python3 libpeas loader
- Full screen support for videos
- Simplified external browser support
- Experimental support for InoReader and Reedah online services
- Added category/folder support for TheOldReader
- Added folder auto-removal for TinyTinyRSS & TheOldReader
- Removed libindicate support
- Removed libnotify code (re-added as a plugin)
- Removed tray icon code (re-added as a plugin)
- Fixes unhiding from tray icon when activated via GApplication (hidden window problem)
- Fixes#538: toggle_visibility() does not make a minimized window visible again (trayicon problem)
- Liferea now uses ETags and If-None-Matches on feed updates
Installing Liferea Feed Reader 1.12.0
Liferea Feed Reader 1.12.0 is the first release of the new stable release line 1.12. Run the following commands in terminal to install Liferea Feed Reader 1.12.0 on Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and Linux Mint Systems:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install liferea
Compiling from Tarball
Download a tarball from https://github.com/lwindolf/liferea/releases and extract and compile with
tar jxvf liferea-1.12.0.tar.bz2