BleachBit (Ccleaner alternative for Linux Ubuntu). Install BleachBit on Ubuntu 16.04, via Command Line. How to use BleachBit to free up disk space.
BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn’t know was there. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications.
Use BleachBit To:
- Free disk space
- Reduce the size of backups and the time to create them by removing unnecessary files
- Maintain privacy
- Improve system performance (by vacuuming the Firefox database, for example)
- Prepare whole disk images for compression (common for “ghost” backups and virtual machines) by wiping free disk space
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable app for Windows: run without installation
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
BleachBit 1.10 Changes
- Fix error Favicons is version 32 with Google Chrome 51 (reported by Holger)
- Fix cleaning of Thumbnails in new Chromium and Google Chrome (reported by ineuw, patrick)
- Fix crash with corrupt BleachBit.ini (reported by BitBleacher)
- Fix error UNIQUE constraint failed error cleaning Firefox (reported by danjackson1 and gravy45)
- Specific to Linux
- Update EasyTAG cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Epiphany cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Evolution cleaner (thanks to skquinn)
- Update GNOME cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update KDE cleaner for KDE 4 on openSUSE (thanks to Mailaender)
- Update Rhythmbox cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Thumbnails cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Transmission cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update X11 cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Switch from GnomeVFS, which is deprecated, to GIO (reported by MM)
- Do not repeat Google Chrome cache in preview (reported by Daniel Che)
- Fix retention of translations for Chinese
- Whitelist iBus Pinyin (reported by Josiah Hunter)
- Add .deb package for Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus)
- Add .rpm package for Fedora 24.
Download BleachBit 1.10
Download the latest BleachBit installation packages for:
Old versions can also be downloaded and installed.
Install BleachBit 1.10
BleachBit can be installed on Ubuntu 16.04 Systems, via Ubuntu Software Center or Terminal commands. Run the following commands in Terminal to install BleachBit:
$ sudo apt-get install bleachbit