Green Recorder 3.0 released. Install Green Recorder, a screen recorder for Linux Ubuntu Desktop. Green Recorder supports Wayland & Xorg.
Built using Python, GTK+ 3 and ffmpeg. It supports recording audio and video on almost all Linux interfaces. Also, Green Recorder is the first desktop program to support Wayland display server on GNOME session.
The following formats are currently supported: mkv, avi, mp4, wmv, gif and nut (And only WebM for Wayland’s GNOME session). You can stop the recording process easily by right-clicking the icon and choosing “Stop Record”. Or middle-clicking the recording icon in the notifications area (but doesn’t work on all interfaces).
You can choose the audio input source you want from the list. You can also set the default values you want from the preferences window. And a lot more.
Green Recorder 3.0
The new version is finally here with tremendous updates and new features! We are re-launching Green Recorder under the FOSS Project umbrella!
- GIF format support is now available! The image size is even optimized and is at least 10x better than the normal ffmpeg recording with GIF.
- Added ability to choose the audio input source.
- Preferences window was added to allow setting default values. You can now also edit the default Wayland pipeline from there beside a lot of other things.
- Reorganized the code and made it much clearer and simpler.
- Reorganized the graphical user interface.
- Added play button to easily enable playing the recorded video. It depends on xdg-open.
- Fixed a bug in recording video only or audio only on Wayland.
- Created a better ffmpeg detection on Xorg.
- Introduced a better detection method for the running display server, adding possibility to support other servers in the future with no problem.
- Various fixes and edits everywhere.
Install Green Recorder 3.0
Run the following commands in Terminal to install the latest release of Green Recorder on Ubuntu Linux Systems:
sudo apt update
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossproject/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install green-recorder
Once installed, open the Green Recorder 3.0 from Ubuntu Dash.