Kdenlive 17.12.0 released. Install Kdenlive video editor on Linux Ubuntu Systems. Kdenlive is an acronym for KDE Non-Linear Video Editor. It supports proxy editing. Kdenlive can automatically create low resolution copies of your source clips to allow you doing the editing on any computer, and then render using full resolution.
Kdenlive 17.12.0 is a maintenance release focused on stability, while feature development is going in next year’s 18.04 version. Proxy clips were given some attention and should give you better seeking experience as well as reduced memory usage for images. Other fixes include fixes in timeline preview, a crash when using a Library clip and smoother seeking on rewind playback.
Kdenlive 17.12.0 – list of changes
- Remove useless audio bitrate on pcm proxy encoding. Commit.
- Update proxy profiles. Commit.
- Make sure playlist proxies have an even height. Commit.
- Fix crash on playlists concurrent jobs using library clips. Commit. See bug #386616
- Timeline preview fixes: Don’t invalidate on expand/collapse effect, invalidate on master clip edit. Commit.
- Don’t restart clip if trying to play backwards from clip monitor end. Commit.
- Use smaller size for image proxies. Commit. Fixes bug #353577
- Fix playing backwards forwards one second. Commit. Fixes bug #375634
- Fix extension in transcode file dialog. Commit.
- Sort clip zones by position instead of name. Commit.
- Set a proper desktop file name to fix an icon under Wayland. Commit.
- FreeBSD does not have sys/asm.h — for what is this include needed on linux?. Commit.
- Doc: fix option (qwindowtitle instead of caption). Commit.
- Fix terminology: mimetype(s) -> MIME type(s). Commit.
- Fix UI string: Control Center -> System Settings. Commit.
- Const’ify code. Commit.
- Fix import image sequence. Commit.
Download Kdenlive 17.12.0 AppImage
Once installed, follow the steps:
- Right-click on the AppImage file
- Select ‘Properties > Permissions’ and give the app permission to run as a program
- Double-click on the AppImage to run the kdenlive application