How to install latest Wine version on Ubuntu Linux Systems. Download Wine for Ubuntu, the latest stable release. Wine 2.21 is released with new changes and fixes. The Wine development release 2.21 brings the following changes and fixes:
- Still more metafile support in GdiPlus.
- Indirect draws support in Direct 3D.
- Calling convention fixes on ARM.
- Improved serial port detection on Linux.
- Services fixes on WoW64.
- Better DPI scaling in the Shell Explorer.
- Various bug fixes.
Bugs fixed in 2.21 (total 16):
- 34601 Hydro Thunder from Midway Arcade Treasures 3 crashes quickly after the start
- 37669 Resetting a write watch can cause memory access violation in kernel
- 38334 SpinTires crashes with unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXFrameFind
- 42568 user32/tests/msg.ok intermittent failure in SendMessage from other thread
- 42569 user32/tests/clipboard intermittent failure (“expected freed memory”)
- 42570 dinput/tests/mouse intermittently fails in Acquire() and GetDeviceData()
- 42863 Multiple games require sample_c_lz for cube/array textures (Winexy, Witcher 3, Flame in the Flood)
- 43273 The Witcher 3 freezes the system in a certain area of the game
- 43316 Process Hacker 2.x needs ADVAPI32.dll.LsaLookupPrivilegeName
- 43405 NieR:Automata – Most bullets are invisible
- 43483 Medusa Demo crashes with unimplemented function d3dx10_43.dll.D3DX10PreprocessShaderFromMemory
- 43750 USB “ttyACM0” serial port not being created
- 43853 Keepass2 fails to launch
- 43884 MSVC LINK.EXE version 14.11.25547.0 crashes due to unimplemented function _memicmp_l
- 43939 comctl32 cannot load its assembly on arm
- 43952 kernel32/tests/console.ok fails
The source is available from the following locations:
Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
Install Wine Stable 2.21
Run the following commands in terminal to install Wine stable 2.21 release on Ubuntu Systems:
sudo apt-get update
wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key && sudo apt-key add Release.key
sudo apt-add-repository https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-stable